Tuesday, March 31, 2009
woman sitting beside a river, they inquired "How may we help you."
"I need to cross the river and I can't," she replied.
The two monks offered to carry her across and proceeded to do just that. Afterward, she
thanked them and they continued on their way.
After a couple of miles, one monk began to complain that his back hurt. After five miles, he
sat down on the ground and threw a pity party. "You know my back really hurts. We shouldn't
have carried that woman across the river - now I'll be sore for days."
The second monk responded, "That's your problem. I sat that lady down five miles ago and
you are still carrying her."
Many of us carry bitterness throughout our entire life. It is unnecessary baggage. We must
learn to forgive.
Contributed by Pastor Karl J Forehand.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
These crooks are getting very good!
A lady has changed her habit of how she lists her names in her after her handbag was stolen.
Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit card, purse, etc., was stolen.
Twenty minutes later she called her husband, from a pay telephone telling him what had happened.
Her husband said, 'I have just received your text message asking about our pin number and I have replied a little while ago.'
When they rushed down to the bank, the staff told them all the money was already withdrawn.
The thief had actually used the stolen cell phone to text her husband listed in the directory and got hold of their pin number.
Within twenty minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account.
Moral of the lesson:
Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people on your call list.
Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Mom, Dad, etc..,
And very importantly, when sensitive information is being asked for through , CONFIRM by calling back.
Also, when you are being text by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them.
If you do not reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON.
I never thought about THAT!
As of right now, do you have 'home' listed in
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
web hosting review services include file uploading, file transfer and e-mailing services to their clients. I happened to check into some of the web hosting reviews and found out how reader friendly their sites are and they are neatly categorize that anyone who tries to visit their sites will be guided accordingly. In addition, most of them offer unlimited memory space, e-mail accounts and domain hosting. So, to all of you bloggers, who are in search for a new web hosting service and who simply finds pleasure in sharing their thoughts and feelings to others, try checking out webhostinggeeks and see it for yourself!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.
While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry..
The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.
He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.
As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.
He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.
I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'
He smiled as he patted my hand and said,
'She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.'
I had to hold back tears as he left,
I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,
'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'
True love is neither physical, nor romantic.
True love is an acceptance of all that is,
has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
I hope you share this with someone you care about. I just did.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how to
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
- Look around and see all the exercise that we could be getting right at home. However, we first need to reset our minds in to getting back to our daily lives, instead of focusing on going to the Gym; or spending money on costly exercise equipment.
- While we are working on changing the way that we think, it is important that we all realize the importance of how we eat. Although, there are so many new studies that tell us something different everyday about food, we can figure some things out for ourselves; and find a plan that works for each of us as individuals.
- Realize that it is crazy the way that TV portrays things, like someone that wears a size ten, gets down to a size one...like a size ten was too Big, Not! Then to top it off shows us someone claiming to be in a size one, when it is obvious they are much bigger. But, naturally that will get blamed away by saying TV adds (ten to fifteen) pounds on you; and if that's the case, then some people on TV look like spaghetti noodles. Plus if that's the case, well some of the Movie Stars that are claiming to be over weight aren't, it's just TV...if they stayed off TV (they would look thinner); therefore, they would lose weight automatically...and a career.
- Now that we are done resetting our minds lets look at simple (good old fashion) home chores to stay fit; such as sweeping the porch, pulling weeds by hand, trimming hedges, wiping down the counter tops in the kitchen, taking down curtains and washing them, feather dusting the walls, dusting and polishing furniture. There is always something to do around the house that will keep you fit; thus you'll have a clean environment in which to live... plus you'll stay healthy and looking good.
- Now since you are already working out, why not take time out from chores and hop on an exercise bike to take yourself for a ride; then later while relaxing (in front of the tube) do a few simple curls with a small dumb bell...while being proud of all that you accomplished in a days time.
- If you are a video game fan, buy Dance dance revolutioin or if you have a wii, buy wii fit. They are fun and a GREAT ways to excercise. It provides a challenge and you also have music to listen too.
- If you are hyper and bored and stuck at home, jump around the house. Literally hop. Anything that causes you to sweat will help you turn body fat into muscle or just burn it off.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Women are said to be weaker ones. Little do we know that women are the strength of every Men. We women maybe physically weak as to compare to men but we can also be strong if the situation calls for it.
Here's my TOP 5 Women
1. My Mom, and all the the mothers in the world. I salute to every sacrifices you made for your loved ones. It proves to show that mothers really is the reflection of someone who loves unconditionally. Thanks Mom!
2. Mother Theresa. Someone I look up to even when I was still a kid. She captured my heart with her selflessly care and compassion to our sick brothers and sisters.
3. Oprah Winfrey. An inspiration to everybody especially those people who shares the same experiences as her. She's a hardworking, strong-willed woman who never forgot her roots and gladly came back to her place to help them. She's not selfish and continuous to share what she has to the less fortunate.
4. Leah Salonga. She's one asset to the country. Very intelligent and very talented. She made the Philippines known to the world when it comes to singing. Every little girls idol.
5. Lisa Macuja-Elizalde. Someone I looked up to when I was just a little girl. For me she was an angel and a fairy in one. Watching her dance made me discover my inner passion for dancing.
Now, It's your turn to give credit to those women who, in one way or another, had a strong impact in your life. Im passing this on to Vinz, Lizzie, Kessa,