Sunday, February 22, 2009

Room 256

Remember my last post about urinary tract infection? Well, here are some follow-ups. Last Thursday night, aside from the frequent urination that I was having, a started to feel flank pain on my left side. I was so worried and in pain that I convinced my husband to drive me to my parents house at around 4:30 a.m. When we arrived, my mom decided to bring me to the hospital but when she went to my room, I was already asleep. So she let me rest and did not bother to wake up. The whole day of Friday, I was feeling okay... no pain nor discomfort. I decided to go on with my 7pm-7am duty. When it was past midnight, I started to feel the flank pain again and this time, its on my right side. I tried to ignore the pain and focused on my work but the pain seems to worsen by the minute. I could no longer bear it that I had to call my mom to pick me up. She picked me up at around 3:30 in the morning and we headed directly to San Pedro Hospital. I was admitted and some ultrasound testing was made. Fortunately, my kidneys are healthy, my uterus is in good condition, only some slight fluid accumulation behind my fallopian tube. Maybe that explains the flank pain. Now, Im feeling better and was finally discharged. Thank God nothing serious is going on inside me. Thanks to the doctors who looked after me. Thanks for my parents who are very supported and never left my side the entire hospitalization.


No comments: