Nail Care is important when it comes to personal grooming. Suppose a woman has applied makeup carefully and attired herself with most fashionable clothes, but has been careless about her nails. How do you think she would look like then? Won't it be a bit shabby? It happens in our everyday life. Indeed it would be better if we give some more attention to nail care. Here are some essential tips on nail care which would definitely help you a lot.
- Take care of your nails between salon visits.
- File your nails regularly and always keep them short.
- If your nails are exposed to chemicals, moisture, water, etc, it could result in split peeling nails or allergic reaction. Wear rubber gloves to protect your nails or coat them with some cotton.
- Never use something like scissors for both for infected and non infected nails.
- Always get artifical nails applied by a good technician.
- Artificial nails would need manicure or refilling every two or three weeks.
- If you decide to remove them, appropriate solution is not difficult. Even when the artificial nails are removed, natural nails remain in the same condition.
Nail Tip Design
- Using glue could damage your nails, even if it is applied on polish layers.
- Ensure the last polish layer is dry before applying the next. Use layers of different colours.
- Keep on experimenting with nail tip design. You could use Chinese characters, apply small fake tattoos or create different patterns.
- You could use band-aids for applying design. Cut band-aids and stick them on top of a dry coat of polish. Contrasting color would look good.
For Acryllic Nails
- Keep your acrylic nail polished. Thick polish could cause bubbles and uneven application. So first add a drop of polish and then dilute it thinner.
- Before applying any acrylic layer, clean your nails. If the nails have remnants of cuticle oil, old polish or lotion, the new polish would not apply itself properly.
- For avoiding bubbles, remove the excess from the brush along the bottle's border.
- Lay a base coat to protect your nails and in the process, help helps the acrylic layer to stick in proper way.
- Use a nail stick to clean up the acrylic on the skin around the fingernail.
- Seal the polish with a top coat to camouflage possible bubbles or streaks.
- Seal the polish with a top coat to camouflage possible streaks or bubbles. It also adds shine.
- Allow enough time to the nails to dry.